An easy-to-make, super-satisfying bath-time indulgence, bath salts also make a great gift.
1 cup Epsom salts
¼ cup sea salt
1 tsp olive oil
5 drops essential oil (lavender or rose is wonderfully relaxing, eucalyptus is great for stiff muscles, and anything citrus is fabulously invigorating)
- Mix the Epsom salts and sea salt together in a bowl.
- Stir the olive oil into the salt mixture, a few drops at a time.
- Add the essential oil to the mix and stir well.
- Store your bath salts in a jar or container with a lid in a cool, dry place. They should keep for four-to-six months.
Drop a bath fizzy into the tub and watch your troubles disappear in a rush of bubbles! This recipe makes four-to-five fizzies.
1 cup bicarbonate of soda
½ cup citric acid (sifted)
½ cup Maizena
2½ tbls sweet almond oil
¾ tbls water
¼ -1 tsp essential oil of your choice
- Mix the dry ingredients together and set them to one side.
- Mix the wet ingredients together.
- Carefully pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix them together using your hands, breaking up any lumps.
- Once the mixture has a texture that is wet, but just holding together, pour it into the individual moulds of a silicon cupcake tray.
- Allow the ‘cupcakes’ to dry in the mold for a day.
- Once dry, remove the fizzies from the mould and allow them to dry out for at least a week before you pop them in the tub. Enjoy!