What are triprolidine’s uses?
What dosage should you take?
Dosage depends on the patient’s profile and medical need, and in children, it will depend on their age and weight.
Check the correct dosages with your Clicks pharmacist.
What special precautions should you take?
- Children may be more sensitive to triprolidine’s effects, so caution is advised – discuss use and dosage with your doctor or Clicks pharmacist.
- During pregnancy or while breast-feeding first consult your doctor or Clicks pharmacist about whether it’s safe to use triprolidine or not.
- Rather avoid driving and operating heavy machinery or other potentially hazardous activities while taking triprolidine, as it can cause drowsiness, dizziness or blurred vision.
- Rather avoid alcohol when taking triprolidine.
- If you’re having skin allergy tests, stop taking triprolidine a few days before the tests.
Triprolidine should be used with caution if you suffer from the following conditions, so discuss its use with your doctor or Clicks pharmacist first:
- Heart problems
- Liver problems
- High blood pressure (hypertension)
- Epilepsy or another seizure disorder
- An overactive thyroid (hyperthyroidism)
- Glaucoma (an eye disorder that results in optic nerve damage)
- Asthma, emphysema, bronchitis or any other lung problems
- Prostate problems
- Urination problems
What drug interactions could you experience?
As a rule, always inform your doctor or Clicks pharmacist what prescription and non-prescription medications, vitamins, nutritional supplements and herbal products you are taking or planning to take to ensure you don’t suffer the effects of adverse drug interactions.
What are triprolidine’s side effects?
Side effects could include:
- Dry mouth, nose or throat
- A severe allergic reaction: hives, rash, difficulty breathing, swelling of the face and mouth, etc.
This is not a complete list of side effects. It’s essential that you call your doctor should you notice any severe or odd side effects.
What are the overdose symptoms?
Call a doctor or the ambulance immediately if you notice the following symptoms or any other severe adverse effects:
- Irregular heartbeat
- Loss of consciousness