click & collect
Collect your order in-store R15 or FREE for orders over R150
Sway by Safeway CD/MP3 Player is a compact, multipurpose sound system that combines a radio, CD player, and MP3 player. It also has an SD card slot, USB port and auxillary input to allow you to play your favourite tracks whether they’re stored on an SD card, CD, or mobile device.
Sway by Safeway CD/MP3 Player
For 30 years, Safeway has been providing South African homes with an extensive range of quality electrical appliances. Exclusive to Clicks and trusted by our customers, Safeway products are designed to be reliable and offer exceptional value.
Electrical and hi-tech products are covered by a 12- (twelve) month guarantee.
Clicks reserves the right to test the product to confirm the alleged defect before the product will be replaced or refunded. Please note that this guarantee excludes degradation and/or defects arising as a result of normal wear and tear and/or misuse of the product, caused by overloading, negligence, accidental or improper use.
Any changes made to this appliance, cord or sealed plug will invalidate the guarantee, as would any attempted repair to the appliance while under the guarantee period.
FOR HOUSEHOLD USE ONLY
Model number: PIA5811
Your Safeway CD/SD Boombox includes the following functionalities;
CD player: CD, CD-R/RW
AC power: detachable AC cord
DC power: requires 8 x DC 12V batteries, not included
Rated power: 12W
Trusted quality, exceptional value. 12 month guarantee.
Quantity in pack:
Sway by Safeway.CD/MP3 player.SD card input.Auxillary input.CD/SD boombox.
Using the CD Player
This product is designed for portability; most boomboxes can be powered by batteries, as well as by a line current.
1. Set the Function Selector (1) to the "CD" position.
2. Open the CD Door (5), place an audio CD with its label side facing upward in the CD compartment and close the CD Door.
3. After a few seconds, the total number of tracks on the CD will appear in the CD Track Display (4).
4. Press the CD PLAY Button (6) and the CD will start playing from the first track.
5. Adjust the Volume Control (9) to obtain the desired sound level from the Speakers (17).
6. To suspend playing, press the CD PAUSE Button (6). The CD Track Display will flash. To resume playing, press the CD PLAY Button (6) again.
7. You can choose to play your favourite track directly by pressing the CD FWD Skip Button (8) to skip forward or, press the CD REV Skip Button (8) to skip backward. The CD Track Display (4) will indicate the correct track number selected.
8. To repeat playing a particular track, press the REPEAT Button (7) once. The repeat indicator in the CD track display will flash.
9. To repeat playing the entire CD, press the REPEAT Button (7) twice. The Repeat All indicator in the CD track display will steady.
10. Press the REPEAT Button (7) three times. The random indicator in the CD Track display will steady. The tracks will be played randomly.
11. To stop playing, press the CD STOP Button (3).
12. When you wish to turn the CD player off, set the Function Selector (1) to the "OFF" position. NOTE: When you operate this function, please make sure the mode is set to PLAYING. Otherwise you will find the selection to set the programme playback.
CD/USB/SD Press the CD FUNCTION Button (11) to switch to CD / USB / CARD playback.
1. Press the CD FUNCTION Button (11) once (for one second) to change to USB function.
2. Press the CD FUNCTION Button (11) twice (for one second) to change to SD function.
3. Press the CD FUNCTION Button (11) three times (for one second) to return to CD play.
Connecting a USB device
1. Insert a USB stick inside the connection. Remark: Depending on the capacity of the device, the reading can take more than 1 minute. The unit cannot read my USB device.
• Once you have plugged your device into the unit, you may need to switch the USB device on before it can operate.
• This unit does not support a direct USB connection with a computer. You need to use a USB device, or a MP3 player.
• If you are using a USB external hard disk: you need to connect your device simultaneously to an external power source and to the unit.
• Check that the file system of your USB device is formatted to FAT or FAT 32 format. USB devices formatted into NTFS are not compatible with this unit. Caution: If you attempt to modify your file system, formatting your device will erase all data. Please refer to your USB device’s instruction manual first.
Connecting a memory card
1. Insert a compatible memory card inside the connector. Remark: Depending on the capacity of the device, the reading can take more than 1 minute. The unit cannot read my memory card. Check firstly that your memory card is compatible with the unit. Supported memory cards are SD, SDHC and MMC formats. We have tested this unit with most of the market’s memory cards; we cannot, however, guarantee a full compatibility with all the cards in the market because of the multiple technology standards in use. Should you have a compatibility problem, please use a memory card with a lower capacity (2GB or lower), or else connect the unit through a USB device.
1. Set the Function Selector (1) to the "RADIO" position.
2. Set the Band Selector (10) to either "AM", “FM” or “FM Stereo” for the desired radio band. To receive a weak (noisy) FM station, set the Band Selector to the “FM” position. The reception may be improved, but the sound will be monaural (MONO).
3. Adjust the Tuning Knob (11) to obtain the desired radio station.
4. Adjust the Volume Control (9) to obtain the desired sound level.
5. When you wish to turn off the Radio, set the Function Selector (1) to the "OFF" position.
This small player is fine for daily use but has one important thing missing - nowhere to plug in an ear phone should I not be wanting to disturb others - if I am incorrect please let me know! It was a disappointment.