WHAT ARE B VITAMINS?
B vitamins are water soluble and essential for carbohydrate metabolism and energy production. When first discovered, it was thought to be a single compound and was named vitamin B. Further research demonstrated that there are multiple, chemically distinct B vitamins, which are often present in the same foods.
Individual B vitamin supplements are sometimes referred to by the specific name of each vitamin. These vitamins support metabolic processes in the body. Additionally, they each have other unique functions. Supplements containing all eight are referred to as vitamin B complex.
B VITAMIN FAMILY
VITAMIN B1 (THIAMINE)
- Essential for proper nerve and muscle function
- Plays an important role in the metabolism of carbohydrates and branch chain amino acids (BCAAS)
- Heavy exercise may increase the body’s requirement for thiamine
VITAMIN B2 (RIBOFLAVIN)
- Plays a major role in the utilization of cell oxygen
- Heavy exercise may increase the body’s need for riboflavin
- Works with enzymes in the metabolism of fat, carbohydrates and proteins
VITAMIN B3 (NIACIN OR NIACINAMIDE)
- Niacin provides dietary support for a healthy blood lipid profile
- May function in DNA replication and repair
VITAMIN B5 (PANTOTHENIC ACID)
- Required for fatty acid metabolism
VITAMIN B6 (PYRIDOXINE, PYRIDOXAL, PYRIDOXAMINE)
- Required for proper hemoglobin synthesis
- Supports immune system function
- Essential for nervous system function
VITAMIN B7 (BIOTIN)
- Provides dietary support for healthy nails and hair
- Trace element which supports normal cell growth
VITAMIN B9 (FOLIC ACID OR FOLATE)
- Folic acid supports healthy fetal development
- Folic acid provides dietary support that may support homocysteine levels
VITAMIN B12 (COBALAMIN)
- Mainly found in foods from animal sources
- Essential for proper neurological function
- Essential for nerve tissue formation
- Essential for energy production and red blood cells
- Required for proper red blood cell formation
GNC’s Vitamin B-Complex is a high potency, full spectrum formulation which reduces fatigue and the effects of stress and added B -vitamins for nerve, liver and brain function.
Live well with 20%off GNC Vitamin B-Complex and other energy supplements.