02 March 2018 Sponsored by Sorbet
Whether you want a cat eye, Arabian eye or sleepy eye; with the right tools you can perfect all these looks with ease.
When applying liquid and pen liner
1. Hold the pen in your dominant hand.
2. With your eye closed, use your free hand to gently stretch the skin outwards and upwards to create a smooth area to apply.
3. Starting from the inner corner of the closed eye, hold the liner at an angle so that you are using the side of the liner rather than the tip.
4. Glide the liner from the inner eye to the outer eye while at the same time increasing the thickness as you go.
5. Once your outline is complete, perfect your line and ensure that the entire lash line is covered.
HINTS FOR LIQUID LINER
• Let the eyeliner dry slightly on the applicator before applying it to avoid smudging.
• Draw your outline first and then colour it in.
• Use a small piece of tape adhered onto the skin or a small ruler on the skin to create the “winged look” liner.
HINTS FOR PEN LINER
• For a perfect line, angle the pen outwards and use of the side of the tip. Using the tip may cause uneven lines.
• To get your outline, dot on the eyeliner and then fill in.
• To get close to the lash line, gently pull the lashes down and apply the pen in between the lashes.
Products featured in this article